Follow the instructions below and submit your completed application by 3 p.m., CST, November 17, 2017.
REMEMBER: DO NOT wait until the last day or the last minute to submit your application. The submission form will automatically disable at 3:01 p.m., CST on the deadline date. If you are in the middle of submitting a form at this time, your submission will NOT be received. If the form does not disable properly, submissions received after 3:00 p.m., CST will still not be considered in order to remain fair and consistent for all applicants. Please remember that upload speeds can vary depending on file type, school bandwidth, etc. Deadline days have a high volume of students submitting, which can also cause delays in uploading files and submitting applications. If you encounter an issue on the day of a deadline, the EAST Initiative staff may have limited (if any) availability to provide assistance. The EAST Initiative CANNOT grant you a deadline extension or help you to submit later if something goes wrong.
Step 1 - Create Audition Video
The Team Leader may help develop the scripts and will present on stage to 2000+ people, so creativity and comfort with public speaking are necessary. Create a one- to two-minute audition video of yourself promoting the 2018 EAST Conference. Your audience will be people in the community who have never attended the event. Why should they want to come to Conference? What will they see / do while they are there? What can you tell them about EAST that will make this the must-attend event?
- Format: .mp4 encoded with H.264 codec or .mov
- HD resolution of 1920 X 1080 preferred
- Length: 1-2 minutes
Guidelines for Making Your Audition Video
- At the beginning of your video, please state your name, school, grade level and number of years you have been in EAST.
- Make sure audio, sound and lighting are good (i.e. light on your face & not behind you, no background noise, speak clearly).
- Before you think about filming, think about what you want to say, practice it and run it by friends & teachers.
- Smile and come across as a natural. Your smile should be heard as well as seen.
- Make it conversational and try not to sound overly rehearsed.
- The fewer "cuts" the better so we can get a true sense of your personality, adaptability, and camera presence.
Student Work Must Be Original
Submissions should be original and completely student-created.
- Upon submitting the required items as defined in the competition guidelines (required items) to EAST for this competition, participant hereby grants to EAST a permanent, non-exclusive, irrevocable right and license, free of charge, to (i) use, copy, reproduce, publicly display, edit, revise, perform, and distribute the required items in any format, or otherwise make the required items available to the general public in any format through any medium, including but not limited to making the required items available to users of EAST’s website for downloading; (ii) use the required items, exclusively or together with EAST materials or in connection with EAST’s advertising or promotion; and (iii) use the required items generally in connection with identifying, marketing, and promoting EAST to third parties.
- Participant represents and warrants that EAST’s use of the required items shall not violate any law or infringe upon or violate the rights of any individual or entity.
Complete the application to tell us why you should be on the Leadership Team. We want to know about your EAST experience and what qualifies you for this position. On the application, you will also upload the zipped file detailed in Step 3.
Step 3 - Upload Video and Forms
Combine all of the following files into one (1) Zipped File with a 1 GB (1048576 KB) max file size. Be sure to review the requirements in Step 1. For instructions on how to zip a file, please click here for Windows instructions or here for Mac instructions.
Step 4 - Submit
When the application is complete, click the “Submit” button. When your submission is complete the page will change and state that the submission has been received. Once you see this page, you will not be able to make any changes. Following your submission, an email confirmation will be sent to you and EAST staff. If you do not receive an email, you should assume there was an error, and your submission was not complete. Our recommendation is to go back to Jotform and complete the form again. If you still receive an error, please email email@example.com, or contact events team directly.
The nomination is to be completed by your current facilitator. Please submit one unique application per student nominee.
Team Leader Selection
Students selected as finalists for the Team Leader position will be asked to participate in an interview via Skype, Google Hangouts or other video chat system.