Follow the instructions below and submit your completed application by 3 p.m., CST, November 17, 2017.
REMEMBER: DO NOT wait until the last day or the last minute to submit your application. The submission form will automatically disable at 3:01 p.m., CST on the deadline date. If you are in the middle of submitting a form at this time, your submission will NOT be received. If the form does not disable properly, submissions received after 3:00 p.m., CST will still not be considered in order to remain fair and consistent for all applicants. Please remember that upload speeds can vary depending on file type, school bandwidth, etc. Deadline days have a high volume of students submitting, which can also cause delays in uploading files and submitting applications. If you encounter an issue on the day of a deadline, the EAST Initiative staff may have limited (if any) availability to provide assistance. The EAST Initiative CANNOT grant you a deadline extension or help you to submit later if something goes wrong.
Step 1 - Create Application Packet
For Conference, your team will create a shot list of specific photographs needed to document the event. In preparation of this experience, please capture the 10 photographs specified below. Please name each photo using your last name and the corresponding photo type (i.e. Smith_candid). All photos must be submitted as the .jpg format.
- Candid group of people (not looking at the camera)
- Someone giving a presentation (at an assembly, a teacher teaching, etc.)
- Close up detail shot (macro) of an object (i.e. clothing, nametags, bags)
- Wide angled shot at an assembly, pep rally or other similar size event
- Action shot (to demonstrate shutter speed)
- Three (3) photos of current EAST projects at your school (show teamwork, project sophistication and technology in each photo, if possible) *Hint: Check out these iStock photo links for examples: Photo 1, Photo 2, Photo 3, Photo 4, Photo 5
- Two (2) other creative shots of your choice
Student Work Must Be Original
Submissions should be original and completely student-created.
- Upon submitting the required items as defined in the competition guidelines (required items) to EAST for this competition, participant hereby grants to EAST a permanent, non-exclusive, irrevocable right and license, free of charge, to (i) use, copy, reproduce, publicly display, edit, revise, perform, and distribute the required items in any format, or otherwise make the required items available to the general public in any format through any medium, including but not limited to making the required items available to users of EAST’s website for downloading; (ii) use the required items, exclusively or together with EAST materials or in connection with EAST’s advertising or promotion; and (iii) use the required items generally in connection with identifying, marketing, and promoting EAST to third parties.
- Participant represents and warrants that EAST’s use of the required items shall not violate any law or infringe upon or violate the rights of any individual or entity.
Complete the application to tell us why you should be on the Leadership Team. We want to know about your EAST experience and what qualifies you for this position. On the application, you will also upload the zipped file detailed in Step 3..
Step 3 - Upload Photos Forms
Combine all of the following files into one (1) Zipped File with a 1 GB (1048576 KB) max file size. Be sure to review the requirements in Step 1. For instructions on how to zip a file, please click here for Windows instructions or here for Mac instructions.
Step 4 - Submit
When the application is complete, click the “Submit” button. When your submission is complete the page will change and state that the submission has been received. Once you see this page, you will not be able to make any changes. Following your submission, an email confirmation will be sent to you and EAST staff. If you do not receive an email, you should assume there was an error, and your submission was not complete. Our recommendation is to go back to Jotform and complete the form again. If you still receive an error, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact events team directly.
The nomination is to be completed by your current facilitator. Please submit one unique application per student nominee.