The submission deadline is 3 p.m., CST, January 24, 2018.
REMEMBER: DO NOT wait until the last day or the last minute to submit your application. The submission form will automatically disable at 3:01 p.m., CST on the deadline date. If you are in the middle of submitting a form at this time, your submission will NOT be received. If the form does not disable properly, submissions received after 3:00 p.m., CST will still not be considered in order to remain fair and consistent for all applicants. Please remember that upload speeds can vary depending on file type, school bandwidth, etc. Deadline days have a high volume of students submitting, which can also cause delays in uploading files and submitting applications. If you encounter an issue on the day of a deadline, the EAST Initiative staff may have limited (if any) availability to provide assistance. The EAST Initiative CANNOT grant you a deadline extension or help you to submit later if something goes wrong.
Step 1 - Create Your Application Packet
A complete application will include all of the following:
- Design Renderings (3)
- SketchUp Final Design
- Project Team Photo
- Additional Evidence (Optional)
Submit three (3) renderings to show the design process, such as the beginning, middle and the final product.
SketchUp Final Design
Submit the SketchUp final design (.skp format) of your project.
Project Team Photo Requirement
Submit one (1) team photo (jpg or jpeg format). This photo may be used on stage if your project is selected as the winner.
Additional Evidence (optional)
Consider providing additional evidence (max of 5) to support your project. This could include construction documents, screen shots, renderings, etc.
Student Work Must Be Original
Submissions should be original and completely student-created.
- Upon submitting the required items as defined in the competition guidelines (required items) to EAST for this competition, participant hereby grants to EAST a permanent, non-exclusive, irrevocable right and license, free of charge, to (i) use, copy, reproduce, publicly display, edit, revise, perform, and distribute the required items in any format, or otherwise make the required items available to the general public in any format through any medium, including but not limited to making the required items available to users of EAST’s website for downloading; (ii) use the required items, exclusively or together with EAST materials or in connection with EAST’s advertising or promotion; and (iii) use the required items generally in connection with identifying, marketing, and promoting EAST to third parties.
- Participant represents and warrants that EAST’s use of the required items shall not violate any law or infringe upon or violate the rights of any individual or entity.
Tell us more about your project and what makes it a great EAST project. Share how it fills up the CART (critical thinking, advanced, real, teamwork).
Note: On the application, you will also upload the zipped file detailed in Step 3
Step 3 - Upload Project Files, Photos, & Additional Evidence
Combine all of the following files into one (1) Zipped File with a 1 GB (1048576 KB) max file size. Be sure to review the requirements in Step 1. For instructions on how to zip a file, please click here for Windows instructions or here for Mac instructions.
- Required: Design Renderings (3)
- Required: SketchUp Final Design
- Required: Project Team Photo
- Optional: Additional Evidence
Step 4 - Submit
When the application is complete, click the “Submit” button. When your submission is complete the page will change and state that the submission has been received. Once you see this page, you will not be able to make any changes. Following your submission, an email confirmation will be sent to you and EAST staff. If you do not receive an email, you should assume there was an error, and your submission was not complete. Our recommendation is to go back to Jotform and complete the form again. If you still receive an error, please email email@example.com, or contact events team directly.